1. Go through your seasonings and spices to make sure you know what you have so you don't
end up buying unnecessary duplicates.
2. Look carefully what's in your freezer and make a point of getting things used up and clear
3. Go through the bottles and jars in your fridge and make sure everything is in date. If it is
expired, throw it out.
4. Review the recipes that you want to make and create a meal plan as well as a grocery list.
This will keep you from being tempted by all of the tasty things at the grocery store that
you really don't need. You can also think about what you can ask guests to bring if they
offer to provide a dish.
5. Celebrations can mean some extra sweets and rich holiday recipes so try to balance those
extra calories by eating really well when it's not party day. Stock up on easy-to-eat fruits
and vegetables that you can keep on hand for a quick snack or side dish.
Source: Spend Smart. Eat Smart.